Welcome to the website of the Rotary Club of Cambridge, Ohio!
Let us Lead the Way
A Message From the President
Every Wednesday at noon, the Rotary Club of Cambridge meets at "Mr. Lee's Restaurant", East Wheeling Avenue. Our meetings include wonderful camaraderie, great conversation, excellent food, thoughtful and intelligent programs, and genuine fellowship that typifies our club.
As Rotarian's, we pledge to conduct our business and personal lives in accordance to Rotary's Four Way Test:
- Is it the truth?
- Is it Fair to All Concerned?
- Will it Build Goodwill and Better Friendship?
- Will it be Beneficial to All Concerned?
All our members strive to adhere to the Four Way Test. Our members are leaders in Cambridge and in their home communities. They are leaders in their Churches, their Businesses and their Professions. We believe in, and live our Rotary motto of "Service Above Self".
For those of you who are not Rotarian's but might consider joining us, the object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular to encourage and foster:
- The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
- High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying of each Rotarian's occupation as an opportunity to serve;
- The application of the ideal of service in every Rotarian's personal business and community life;
- The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons in the ideal of service.
This year, we will once again serve the Cambridge community in the following ways:
- Assisting the Salvation Army by ringing the bells and staffing the Christmas kettles
- Adopt a Highway Project along State Route 209
- Raising funds through our major fundraising event "12 Days of Christmas", which helps support our Kits for Kids/Dictionary Projects.
Cambridge is part of District #6690, currently being led with enthusiasm and intelligence, by District Governor, Bart Mahoney. By actively participating in our District, we will serve our global community through internationally organized missions abroad for a variety of projects such as:
- Polio Plus - Our program to help with the eradication of polio.
- Rafiki Project.
Each year, each new club president sets goals and works hard to achieve them. This year, my goals are simple: Promote literacy by helping the Cambridge City Schools with the Reading is Fundamental Program (RIF) and to raise money for the food pantries that serve our citizens of Cambridge and the surrounding ares.
I am honored and delighted to serve as the 2013-2014 President of the Rotary Club of Cambridge.
Yours in Rotary,
President, Rotary Club of Cambridge